Friday, May 25, 2007

Supernatural Friday Five

May 25, 2007


1.) Tonight the CW re-aired the season two premiere, "In My Time of Dying". Now that we've seen the season finale and premiere, and as it is obvious both episodes were meant to have a big impact on the characters of the show (and therefore the fans), which episode did you like better and why?
Good question. Their Dad was in both episodes (though not for long in "All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2"). I think I like the premiere better, but for a totally dumb reason. While watching the premiere I knew that I had a whole season ahead of me. Watching the finale I knew that I had a whole summer of repeats ahead of me. I love Big Bad (the YED) in both episodes. I think that Big Bad is a humorous, engaging character. He doesn't seem evil when he's on-screen speaking with someone. I'm surprised that they introduced the actor that plays Big Bad in season 2, in "In My Time of Dying" and then managed to end his storyline in "All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2". I like "In My Time of Dying" better because it shocked me. I was so convinced that they (the Supernatural powers that be) were not going to kill off John, and then right at the end they did. And I never saw it coming. And it left me stunned and confused (even when I just watched the end last night, I was like "I'll never get used to that"). At the end of "All Hell Breaks Loose" (both parts) I was content. I didn't freak out in between the parts about Sam dying because I don't think TPTB are that cruel. And by the end of the second part I was a melted pile of goo (I will explain). I felt like it was a good end, and I loved how it tied back to the end of the first episode "Pilot". Then I thought about it and realized that there are so many questions left unanswered:
How did Mary Winchester know Big Bad?
Is it really Sam that Dean (and the Crossroad Demon) brought back?
How are they going to get Dean out of his deal (without Sam dying)?
Can Bobby be any cooler?
To explain the 'melted pile of goo' comment. Near the end of "All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2" Dean (Jensen) smiles and it was amazing. And I melted. And I've already posted a screencap of it (a couple posts ago) so everyone can go check it out as well.


2.) If the fans could vote on one extra Supernatural episode, would you rather have a wee!Winchesters episode (like "Something Wicked" from season one) or an episode twenty years in the Winchesters' future? As always, please explain.
I'm gonna say a Wee!Winchesters episode, but I liked the way "Something Wicked" did it. I could deal with an all Wee!Winchesters episode because I love the Big!Winchesters too much. I pick a Wee!Winchesters episode because if they were to do a future episode then the show would be tied into getting them there and I think that would annoy me.


3.) Supernatural is very music-oriented, so here's your crack question for the week. Which real band (meaning you can't make one up) would you place Sam and/or Dean in and why?
Everyone prepare for my total cop-out of an answer. Here goes...Dean and Sam should not be in any band(s). Because I like them right where they are: out on the road, hunting evil, being brothers, saving lives, being angsty (but not too angsty because then it become a soap opera).


4.) How do you hope the Agent Henricksen storyline will be handled in season three?
I hope that Agent Hendricksen doesn't suddenly become like every female cop ever on this show. I would be very disappointed it he had a sudden awakening and realized that our beloved Winchester boys are doing what's right (they just break laws to do it). I understand the lady cop from "The Benders" because they helped her solve the disappearance of her brother. And the cop from "The Usual Suspects" makes sense to because they saved her life. But it would ruin the Agent Hendricksen character for me if he let them off the hook.


5.) What are your thoughts on the season 2 DVD cover?
I love it. Blue-ish/Purple isn't a color my mind goes to when I think Supernatural, but I think it works. It has the three main characters on it (Dean, Sam and Metallicar) and it's a good picture of Dean, so I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment