Thursday, May 31, 2007

Oh Sims!! I've Missed You!

Since the partial reformatting of my Mom's computer (the only in the vicinity of good enough to play The Sims 2) I've not been able to play my much loved game. I installed it a few days ago and got an error when I tried to play it. I swear in the past few days I've been to every message board with a thread that has a name something like "Unable to find directx 9.0c compatible graphic adapter..." I will never again doubt how dramatic people can be. I tried every solution throw out on the message boards and nothing worked (I even download a Windows XP Service Pack from Microsoft. Mom's computer runs Windows 2000). Finally today I sat down with a new determination. I'd play the game before Dad 'fixed' the computer and I would play it again. When I asked for help my Dad commented that the driver I needed was probably on a CD in a clear jewel case. Easy enough, until I started looking for it. For one thing I was looking the computer room. We have an entire room devoted to computers. Three computers in there. There are more CDs in here than in FYE. But I found it. I'm just that good. I popped the CD in and installed the driver, then reinstalled DirectX 9.0 for probably the eighth time this week. And it didn't work. So I asked once more for my Dad's help. And he did something. It's not that I don't understand what he did to make it work, more that neither of us have any idea what he did. But who cares. The Sims works.


I spent the better part of this afternoon playing. It's an addictive game, what can I say? My sister came down, looked at the screen and said "she has glasses, so that's you." Yeah. I asked her what she thought of my guy and she didn't answer. She knows me too well. My Sims 2 family: Meg Winchester, Dean Winchester. If you can't live out your adolescent fantasies on The Sims where can you live them out? I only wish I was better at making the characters look like I want them to. They never look good enough.


My favorite thing about using television characters in The Sims is the things they do that they'd never do in their "real life". For instance, while I was playing The Sims today I glanced at what Dean was doing and he was sitting on the floor of their kitchen, writing in his diary. Would Dean Winchester ever admit to writing in a diary? I think not. This is how I imagine it (let's assume that Sam is the other character):
"Hey Dean, what are you doing?"
"Nothing." Dean mumbles, sliding the black book into his jacket pocket.
"What's that? Is that a diary?" Sam asks spotting the book.
"What?! No! It's a journal."
"What's the difference, Dean?"
"Diaries are for sissies. You have a diary. Journals are hunting tools."
"Right."

Yep, that's how it goes down in my head. Now I wanna see it on the show. We've already seen Dean's journal. It's just never been advertised. Check this:



Oh wait. That has nothing to do with what I was typing about. Check this one out:



The black book. The one I've only seen that once (but may go through all of season one to see if it's anywhere else). I'm assuming that's Dean's journal. His Dad had one, why can't he?


Anyway, I have to go to school tomorrow. Night.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete