Sunday, February 26, 2006

Off-World Incident #21

Title: Off-World Incident #21
Fandom: Stargate SG-1
Author: Me.


It all happened so quick really. Colonel O'Neill was leading us through the swamp this planet seemed to be covered in. Daniel and I were talking about the possible implications of a planet where the Goa'uld had never ventured too, but a civilization had developed on. Teal'c had our six covered, making sure none of the undetected anything tried to get us.


"O'Neill!"


I heard Teal'c's shout and looked to my commanding officer. He had been standing just a few feet before Daniel and I, and now there was a bunch of scuffle marks in the muddy grass and no sign of him. Teal'c pushed past me and knelt by the pool of water in front of us.


"He is in here." Teal'c informed us and I pulled off my pack as I knelt by my Jaffa friend.


"I'll go in." I stated and pulled a rope I had packed in my bag out. Teal'c and Daniel grabbed one end of the rope and I wrapped the other end around my wrist before sliding myself into the obviously deep pool of water.


I looked around as best I could under the water and spotted the Colonel struggling weakly to get out of his pack.


I kicked off the rough walls of the odd pool and propelled myself to the Colonel. As I unclipped the heavy pack the Colonel's movements slowed. He was going to lose consciousness.


You may not have noticed, but Colonel O'Neill is a little bigger than I am. I certainly noticed as I wrapped my arm around his waist and yanked on the rope, while swimming upward as much as I could. The rope tightened on my arm and I kicked my feet to speed up the process of Daniel and Teal'c pulling us to surface.


I'm pretty sure I was just about to pass out when I felt strong arms pull me out of the water. The weight of the Colonel left me and Daniel told me to take deep breaths. I did as told and moved to where Teal'c was with the Colonel.


"Teal'c. Is he breathing?" I asked the Jaffa.


"He is not." Teal'c's so calm. How the hell can he be so calm!!!


I moved to the other side of Colonel O'Neill unbelievably fast and checked his pulse. "He's got a pulse." I told them as I began mouth-to-mouth. I had my ear over his mouth, to check if he was breathing, when he coughed up water into said innocent ear.


"Roll him over." I instructed, and Daniel and Teal'c helped me roll him onto his side.


He continued to cough up water and take in air as I rubbed his back.


"Carter?" He gasped out.


"Yes, sir."


"Wha happened?"


"You fell into the pool." I explained vaguely.


"And..." He prompted. He's good.


"And I took off my pack, grabbed a rope and jumped in after you." I was a little worried about how he was going to react to me jumping into an alien pool of water. It may have been the slightest bit senseless, but I'd rather get reprimanded by my CO than have to speak at his memorial.


"Thanks." I wasn't really expecting that.


"No problem, sir." A breeze blew and I realized just how cold I was. "Why don't we head home, sir?"


"Good idea Major." He rolled onto his back and I grabbed his outstretched hand and pulled him up to his feet. Then he said something I don't think I've ever heard him say. "Lead us to the gate Daniel."


*the end*

No comments:

Post a Comment