Monday, February 13, 2006

Blogger's Random Question & Cliches

I'm starting by expanding the answer for the 'random question' I was given. I typed a long answer and then had to type a short answer to fit. Here goes...


"When you hesitate before hitting the snooze on your alarm, are you being lazy?" -- I am NOT a morning person. And as such I believe I can answer this. I don't push the snooze on my alarm. If for some reason I'm awake before my alarm, but don't want to get up (as is usually the case), I set the alarm for a later time. I don't like lying in my bed and waiting for the alarm to go off. If I wake up to my alarm I listen to the station I have my radio alarm set to and sometimes I sing with the music. Or wait for them to say that it's a snow day and I don't have school. That's nice too. Hesitating to press the snooze on your alarm is not laziness. It's tiredness. Mornings should not be counted for, or against laziness, in my opinion. I'm never awake enough to realize I'm being lazy.


My first writing prompt is from Creative Writing Prompt #6 (from creativewritingprompts.com (the address is in my links). The prompt is as follows:


List down all the cliches you can think of, then choose the one you're most familiar with, or the one that strikes your fancy. Make that the first line of your poem [post]. You can take the cliche literally or figuratively.


CLICHES
If at first you don't succeed try, try again.
It's been done before, it can be done again.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.
cliched bad guy: oily skin, creepy voice, sneaky, etc.
One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
One man's paradise is another man's hell.


If at first you don't succeed try, try again. This line gives me hope. To me it means, "If you keep trying you'll succeed, no matter how long it takes." I like this cliche. It's fun. If something goes wrong the first time it just means you've learned something new to take with you for your next attempt. Learn from your mistakes, or from other's mistakes. It's a good way to get through life. Just keep trying your best and learning new things. In the wise words of Dory (yes, the fish from Finding Nemo), "just keep swimming, just keep swimming, what do we do? We swim, swim, swim!!" Just keep trying. Try, try, try, try, try. Take things with you. Memories and experiences make a person who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment