Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Old Proverbs Hold True...Most Of The Time

Yesterday I had to do an SAT essay, which I'm not allowed to discuss, but this kinda reminded me of what I was writing about.


It has been said, "It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile." Describe some of the times in your life when this proverb held true.


This proverb olds true a lot in my life. When I build websites I think up a design and draw it out and build it. I try to do things that I've never done before, or have little experience in when I make a new site. When I finish that project I'm pleased that I was able to accomplish it, but it was more fun for me to have a project that I was focused on, that made me think and look up new things. I have more fun when I'm working on something, even if I'm stuck and it annoys me, than when I finish and I'm trying to think of a new project to apply myself to.


I have been in a situation when the proverb did not hold true. When I went to Westpoint Military Academy for the Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts Invitational Camporee with my girl scout troop we had to sit in a car for nine hours to drive there. We got in a small accident on the way and it was boring. In that case spending the time at Westpoint made travelling out of my home state worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment