Thursday, February 16, 2006

A Different Face Stares Back

This is one of two prompts that struck my interest today. I'll mostly likely do the second one tomorrow.


You wake up, go to the bathroom and look in the mirror. A different face stares back at you. Begin your story.


Version #1:


*This hooks onto the story before this starting with the line "the clock winked."*


It's interesting somedays when you look in the mirror you see just you. The same person you see every other morning. And some mornings you look in the mirror and see a face that's different in some way.


That's the kinda morning I'm having. I'm here standing in front of the mirror, and the face staring back at me is the same. The person behind the face is what's new today. It seems like every other day I see a child behind the face, or a teen. Today it's different. Today I see a young adult.


It's the morning of the first day of my senior year. I have some bags unnder my eyes, but it's not my fault I couldn't get to sleep last night. Despite the bags, I like this 'new' more mature face.


Of course, that doesn't mean I'm going to be completely mature at school. I need to have fun after all.


I think I can find a happy medium between maturity and not wasting what's left of my childhood.


*the end*


A second version is in progress. It's a Stargate SG-1 story inspired by this prompt.

No comments:

Post a Comment