Thursday, June 14, 2007

The OMG High School's Over Break Down

I've heard rumors of the OMG High School's Over Break Down, but I didn't think it would happen to me. Actually, that's not true...I told my friends that I would have my breakdown in the middle of the summer when there was no one for me to cry on. I was pretty close. Not the middle of the summer, the middle of the night 1:15 am on June 14, 2007. I couldn't call anyone, for obvious reasons. Luckily I was able to wake my sister and cry on her for about fifteen minutes. And what caused my breakdown you ask: the thought of saying good-bye to my closest friends? No, still not thinking about that. The thought of moving to a new state and having to support myself? No, trying to not think about that one. It was the act of writing a thank you note (letter, novella) to my favorite teacher. I have to go back in to school tomorrow and get my copy of Aquila and give my PALS shirt back. And I wanted to give a thank you note (it really is closer to a novella) to my favorite teacher. It took me an hour to write and more tissues than I wish to disclose. Thankfully I didn't cry or get snot on the letter, and didn't have to start over. But now it's getting close to three in the morning and I have to get up and to the school before nine (it'll be easier to go in before 3rd period exam ends, because the teacher I need to get my Aquila from had my English class 3rd period, so hopefully she'll be there and she won't have a class).


On a lighter note I have reconnected with my love of Pokemon. My guy friends have all been playing Pokemon on their various handheld game consoles (Nintendo DS and the likes), and it made me want to pull out my GameBoy Advanced and Pokemon Sapphire. So I took them with me on the Project Grad trip and since Sunday I've played for about 11 hours. It's an addictive game.


I went out to Borders and Target tonight (last night?) with my Dad. At Borders I picked up the book "What is the What?" by Dave Eggers. It's a required reading book at Champlain and I wanted to get an early start on it. I can reread it later in the summer if I need to. At Target I bought the first season of Veronica Mars. I've watched eight or nine episodes so far. I have no life. It's a cool show, I'll miss it next year.


I love writing. I feel so much better already. I'm going to do a little reading and then go to bed so I can get up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment