Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Magna Carta I and Magna Carta II

The Magna Carta I and Magna Carta II are twins. They are two lists. Magna Carta I is a list of things that I like when I'm reading a book (or fanfiction). Magna Carta II is Magna Carta I's evil twin brother. It's a list of things I hate to read in books (or fanfics). Turn off. The idea to write these lists is from the book No Plot, No Problem. It's a guide to writing a novel in 30 days (for NaNoWriMo). The basic idea is that things I like to read are things I'd like to write, and things I hate to read are things that I would not enjoy writing.


So, here goes:


Magna Carta I (Likes)
Humor
Dragons
Ghosts, Monsters, Demons
Mystery
Hurt/Comfort
Fingerless Gloves (I don't understand either, just go with it)
Inner Demons (Angst)
Super powers
Relationships that are forbidden (because of rules or parents or friens, etc. getting in the way)
Truly evil bad guys (Evil, crazy, no redeeming qualities)
Hero story
Banter/Sarcasm (probably could go up with humor)


Magna Carta II (Hates)
Incest
Monologuing
High School Drama ("OMG I like broke a nail." Me: "OMG, where can I go not care?")
Pointless Romance (Like Soap Operas and the romance novels my Dad reads)
Plotless angst/hurt/comfort (There has to be a good reason for it)
Mary Sue/Larry Stu characters (Those ones that are so perfect that you hate them, but you can't kill them because they're too perfect to die)


These lists will most likely be edited over the summer to include things that I haven't thought of yet.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete