Thursday, October 26, 2006

"Simon Said" & Metallicar's Undeniable Coolness

My Supernatural Rant for episode 2.05 Simon Said.


I'll start with the tie Sam was wearing when they introduced themselves to the woman at the coffee shop (or whatever) as lawyers. It was yellow, with spots. Ewww. That's all for the tie.


The face Dean made when Jo put the jukebox onto whatever song she picked was priceless. My sister and I named it Dean's 'What the hell?!' face. I love Jensen's expressions, and his eyes, they're so green.


I loved when Dean sung. My friend called me (during the show) to freak out. Both of us are in chorus and we have a huge thing for guys that can sing. I thought it was funny that he was singing 'cuz it was stuck in his head. On a similar note, the following link goes to a video on myspace.com of Jensen Ackles and another person (name has slipped my mind) singing at a wedding (edited on May 21, 2007: Jason Manns). Jensen is singing the higher part. Jensen singing.


I love love love the concept of mind control and Andy was an enjoyable character IMHO. I have got to stop reading spoilers because I knew that Dean was going to give the car to Andy, but it played out so well.


Jensen was incredible, everytime he was mind controlled it was hilarious. Especially when he was in Metallicar telling the truth to Andy. He totally looked like he was trying to stop, but couldn't. So amazing. Jared did a great job with the visions and trying to figure out his future. It seemed to me that Dean and Sam went back to their season 1 parts for this episode. For all of season 1 Sam was trying to figure things out and Dean was there to help him out. Up to now in season 2, Dean's been trying to get past their father's death and Sam's been trying to help. In this episode Dean was back to his big brotherly self. I loved it, but I definitely like how Dean's been more focused on this season.


Andy's van: pretty cool. Dean's reaction to it was priceless, "This is-long pause-awesome."(wording is as close as I can remember). I laughed at the disco ball hanging in there.


The sniper rifle, or 'the big ass gun Dean had in the woods'. Man, they showed the profile of Dean with that monster and I squeaked. Nice gun! A step up from the trusty shotgun. I was hoping that he could shoot Webber, then Webber already knew and they sent us in to a commercial with Dean holding the rifle on himself. Ahh!! A cool trick that Webber can mind-control people by thinking, rather than having to say something. I'm glad it played out the way it did, with Andy shoting Webber, added to Sam's doubt about whether he and the others can be good guys or not.


Dean asks for a do over, and Sam asks him if he's seven. I love it!! The writing for this show is incredible, and DAMN! They're hot!!


I apologize if this is all over the place. I have trouble organizing my thoughts and remembering sequences chronologically after Supernatural. It's the mix of super plot lines, hot guys and the sexy Impala.


^*^*^*^*^



I was messing around in photoshop yesterday and my sister and I got thinking: "What would it be like if Metallicar weren't black? What if it were pink?" We're very odd, anyway, this is the answer.



It's pink (my sis picked the color) and it still looks cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment