Monday, December 15, 2008

I Did It Again

Before explaining the title of this post, let me start by telling a story.

On Sunday November 30, 2008 (this year), I was sitting in my friend Monique's car. She was driving us from Maine back to Vermont after Thanksgiving Break. I was working on my NaNoNovel. At some point during the ride she said something to the effect of "if you hit 50k, I'll buy you the ten year shirt."

A little more back story now. This year was the tenth year that NaNoWriMo has been held, and the Office of Letters and Light has a shirt that they are selling that commemorates the ten year anniversary of the writing challenge. Both Monique and I had seen the shirt and thought it was very cool. As of Sunday November 30th, the last day of NaNoWriMo, I was around 38,500 words. Approximately 11.5k away from the 50k word goal.

At around 7pm, I passed 50k and validated my word count for the month. So, for the second year in a row, I have won NaNoWriMo. I just uploaded the winner badge to the sidebar, and I love my shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment