Tuesday, March 25, 2008

More Stargate Atlantis Quotes

And now more quotes from Melissa and I's Stargate Atlantis marathon.


"Poisoning the Well"
Hoffan Governor Man: "Major Sheppard, I think you'll find this intriguing."
John: "I'm intrigued. What is it?"

John: "Do you have any idea when that will be? Morning? Afternoon?"


"Underground"
Rodney: "Maybe we should offer a sense of humor in trade."
John: "Sure…they can have yours."
Rodney: "Ah hahaha oh please my side…you slay me."

John: "Have you ever tried to clear a stump by hand?"
Elizabeth: "Yes, it's a hobby."

Rodney: "You don’t know what strange means?"
John: "I know what strange means Rodney."
Rodney: "weird, freakish…odd—"
John: "I’m just trying to determine whether it’s worth getting off the route back to the village."
Rodney: "pretty accurate reading of the Amish world…your call. We’re lost anyway what difference does it make?"
John: "I am not…lost…Alright…lets check it out."

Elizabeth: "No. How's that for an answer."
John: It's pithy. I'll give you that."



"Home"
John: "Eight hundred and four years."
Rodney: "What?"
John: "That’s how long it will take us to come get you by Puddlejumper."
Rodney: "But you would do that, right?"
John: "Of course we would."

John: "Yeah. It seemed like you were having fun. Hours and hours of fun."


"The Storm"
Elizabeth: "Did he just say weather forecasting?"

John: "This is Atlantis, it's gotta be able to handle that."

Ford: "How could something as big as Atlantis just sink?"
John: "I bet the passengers of the Titanic were thinking the same thing."

Rodney: "Despite what you all may think, I'm not Superman."
John: "Was anyone actually thinking that?"
Ford: "No, sir."

John: "Are these even close to transporters?"
Rodney: "Elizabeth's is."
John: "And mine?"
Rodney: "It's a brisk walk away."
John: "By brisk you mean far?"
Rodney: "And by walk I mean run."


"The Eye"
Carson: "I'm a bloody medical doctor, not a magician!"

John: "Kay, what would McKay do?"

Carson: "Are you telling me to shut up again?"
Ford: "Again!"

John: "What the hell took you so long?"
Ford: "Well there's this storm --"
John: "Hold that thought."

SCENE: Foursome Walking down corridor
Carson: "What kind of plan is that?"
John: "A Rodney McKay kind of plan. It's all we got."
Ford: "Which means there's only one place to go..."
Teyla: "Where the Genii will also be."
SCENE: Grounding station three.
Rodney: "Now the control room and Stargate operations are shielded. But the rest of the city…once lightning starts to hit."
SCENE: Foursome Walking down corridor
John: "Anybody left in the hallway…is as good as dead."
I really like how this conversation bounced back and forth between the two roups conversing. I think it was really effective and it was more interesting that exposition with all the charcters in one place.

Rodney: "I don't know if you noticed or not, but I'm a very arrogant man who tends to think all his plans will work."

John: "Sorry 'bout that, I had to uh- You alright?"
Elizabeth: "No."
John: "You will be."

Rodney: "Did you ever doubt me?"
Elizabeth: "Yes."

John: "They say these things happen every 20 years, right?"
Elizabeth: "That's what they tell us."
John: "How far in advance can we book days off?"


"The Defiant One"
John: "This is why parents get someone else to teach their kids how to drive!"
Rodney: "I am both insulted and touched by that."

ELizabeth: "Major?"
John: "I agree with McKay."
Elizabeth: "Of course you do! How could either of you resist exploring a crashed alien spaceship?!"
John: "Exactly."

John: "If we play the waiting game then the guy that's been around for 10,000 years is going to win."

Rodney: "Major, what was that?!"
John: "I almost blew myself up. Stay off the radio, I'm busy."
Rodney (to Gaul): "He's busy."

Rodney: "Major!"
John: "McKay!"
Rodney: "What do I do now?"
John: "Keep firing everything you’ve got!"
(Rodney fires at the Wraith as it walks towards him. The wraith is not slowed much by the bullets. Then McKay runs out of ammo.)
Rodney: "OK, what now?!"
John: "Reload!"


We've actualy watched all the way through to the episode "The Gift." The only episodes of season 1 left for Melissa and I to watch are "The Gift," "The Siege Part 1," and "The Siege Part 2."

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete