Monday, June 16, 2008

Twilight Chapter Reviews: Preface

I like the preface. I like how it draws the reader into the story. Into the very end of the story and then the story starts from the beginning to explain the preface. I don't know why the preface didn't work to draw me in the first time I read this book, but it didn't. I read the first chapter or so and got bored. I didn't pick the book up for another couple weeks. But once I did really start reading it I got into it.


I really like the scene that was picked to be the preface. It leaves so many questions to be answered. Why is she going to die? How? Why has she had reason to be thinking about death? Who is "the hunter"? Who does she love that she's protecting? That she's dying for. What happened in Forks that has made facing death a possibility? What is the dream life offered her?


Even though I've read the books and know the answers to all these questions, I enjoy the preface and it's pulling me into reading the next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment