Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Fic: Paperwork Blues, Picture and Wallpaper

First, the desktop picture that started all this insanity.



The signature on here is my handwriting and it took me forever. I was having serious roblem with the P's in Sheppard, so I didn't write them. Before I gave up on them completely though, I asked Erin to help me and she wrote "Sheppard" in a ridiculous way that inspired the story that follows.


Title: Paperwork Blues
Author: Meg1742 with help and inspiration from Erin
Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
Genre: Light Crack.
Spoilers: None, unless you don't know that Sheppard is the Military Commander.
Words: Like 200 or so.
Summary: Sheppard is doing paperwork.

It was days like this that made Rodney question the sanity of his friend. Only the overgrown child that was Colonel "I'm A Trouble Magnet" Sheppard could sign a serious requistion form with a stick figure surfing the "r" of his last name.

"What is this?" The Colonel looked up from what looked to be weeks worth of paperwork and squinted at the page Rodney held.

"I'm not sure. Looks like a requisition form."

"I meant this." Rodney stepped forward, closer to the desk, and pointed at the signature.

"A really artistic drawing of a person with great hair surfing."

"This is a serious requisition. Did you even read it?"

"Yes, Rodney, I did." Sheppard sounded exhasperated, of course he'd read the requisition. He'd read hundreds of them. Sometimes being held captive by the Genii or Wraith seemed like more fun than dealing with the paperwork that came with the Military Commander position. "And that is a serious drawing. Look at the shading in that stick figure. Not everyone can do shading like that with a ball-point pen."

"Yes, and the waves look completely realistic."

"That's what I was going for."

"You're insane."

John looked at all the paperwork that still needed to be completed. "I'm pretty damn close."

Rodney surveyed the stacks of paper. "I'm heading to lunch. Want to tag along?"

"Absolutely."


And here's the actual picture that inpired the story. It enlarges a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment