Sunday, April 22, 2007

Why Yes, I Do Have A Future...I Just Have To Finish High School First

On Saturday (April 21), my Mom, my younger sister, her best friend and I drove to Burlington, Vermont. We went for the Champlain College Accepted Students Day. I was accepted to Champlain in February and I have had severe senioritis since then. I no longer have the will power to write essays or complete simple physics assignments. And now that I've visited the college for a second time and heard about my chosen major (Web Site Development and Management) in depth, I'm pretty sure that my senioritis is going to get even worse. I had so much fun this weekend visiting Champlain though. We were at the campus from 10am until 3 or 3:30pm. I went into an hour-long overview of the Web Site Development and Management major. It was very informational and made me even more excited. After that I helped my Mom find the financial aid office and on the way I ran into one of my friends. He's in high school with me right now, and I knew he'd been accepted at Champlain, but I wasn't expecting to run into him. Then we ate lunch in the Gymnasium with the other accepted students. I met some very nice people that will be joining me next year. We visited Church Street in Burlington and then went back to the campus because I had left my camera in the car when we'd been there at first. So I ran around the campus and took pictures of the buildings to share with my Dad (he couldn't go with us because he had to work). And of course I had to have a picture of Jensen Hall. For no reason other than its name. It's on my list of dorm houses to live in, and supposedly it's haunted, which I think is awesome. I'm going to send one of my Jensen Hall pictures to Anteka (of Plastic!Winchester Theater fame) for her Rock Music Plays list. I didn't have a button with me, but it's still Jensen Hall.


Once we were done at the campus we headed to our hotel, a Comfort Inn just down the road. We hung out in the pool and in our room, and then went to Friendly's for dinner. During dinner our long day caught up with all four of us and we ended up in hysterics. We spent the entire meal laughing hysterically, and scaring the other customers. When we got back to the hotel we hopped back into our bathing suits and went for another swim in the pool and some relaxing in the hot tub. We spent the night in the hotel and woke up the next morning at 8:30am for breakfast. After breakfast we had planned to head to the pool once more, but instead ended up going back to our room and relaxing for an hour. My Mom and I watched the television while my sister and her friend slept. We checked out just minutes before eleven --our checkout time-- and started the long journey back to Maine.


I think I'm going to really like Champlain and Burlington because as we were leaving I thought I was going to cry. Instead I picked up my book and finished it to keep my mind off of my sadness. I've never felt like that before. It was weird, but I hope it means that I'll be happy in Burlington this fall and the next four years.

1 comment:

  1. hey meg! thats sounds really fun...i mean your trip..lol and i likey the background pic! i <3 you!!!! ~bailey

    ReplyDelete