Saturday, April 21, 2007

Got Nothin' Redesign



Everybody loves a good set of before and after pictures, so here are mine. The first picture (the one on the top) is the template I chose when I started this redesign an hour ago. It's the Harbor template. I chose it because it has the navigation bar on the left side and the posts on the right. That's the only reason I chose it. If you click on the picture on the top you can look at the template before I tweaked it. It has the same exact text and display picture and everything as the "after" picture. The picture on the bottom is the layout I'm now currently sporting. It's the "Dean Winchester" layout. I changed the pictures, the text colors, the fonts, the dividers. Basically everything. The picture on the left of this screen (underneath the nav bar) is Dean Winchester of Supernatural (portrayed by Jensen Ackles). I took the picture from supernatural.tv and made it grayscale in Photoshop. I also gradiented the edges so that it blended in with the black, rather than being just square with defined edges. If you open up the picture on the bottom you will see this layout. I just felt like taking a screen cap of it, so that the two could be easily compared. They should even be the same size pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment