Sunday, January 21, 2007

Friday Five, Supernatural Friday Five & "Playthings"

It is once again time for me to belated do the Supernatural Friday Five, and regular Friday Five. I'm starting off with the Supernatural Friday Five.


1. What's the most heartbreaking incident/fact that's been presented in the episodes so far?
In the episode "Salvation" Dean says, "Sammy, look...the three of us—that’s all we have. And that’s all I have. Sometimes I feel like I’m barely holdin’ it together, man. Without you and Dad..." I LOVE that scene. I also think the end scene from "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" was very emotional and I actually cried the first few times I watched it.


2. We've been seeing a lot of new guest stars this season. Would you like to see some of those characters come back, or do you think it's better to just have new characters?
I like Ash. And Ellen's okay. I thought Andy ("Simon Said") was pretty cool. The guiest star I really want to see again is Missouri Moseley from "Home". I know she's not from season two, but she's a character I want to see again.


3. Do you think we've seen the last of Gordon?
For a while I think. He'll probably come back to cause more trouble.


4. Do you think we've seen the last of Jo? (At least for this season?)
I wish. I think Dean and Sam will run into her eventually. I'm just glad she never became a love interest for Dean (Thank You Kripke!!).


5. What are you opinions on Ava Wilson? What do you think happened to her? Is she a "good" character, or an "evil-playing-good" character?
I think she's a "good" character. But to be fair, I thought Duane ("Croatoan") was a "good guy" too, and then he did that "Meg thing". I thought Ava was cute and funny.


^*^*^*^*^



Now for the non-Supernatural Friday Five.


1. What is the name of the strip mall nearest your residence, and is it the strip mall you frequent most?
The strip mall nearest me is the *town name* Fair Mall. It is the strip mall I frequent the most.


2. At your preferred strip mall, what is the name of one store you’ve never entered?
Bureau of Motor Vehicles. I don't think I've been in there yet.


3. Which store at your preferred strip mall would you most like to work in?
Village Candle. I'd probably break things though. I'm not the most graceful person.


4. Which store(s) at your preferred strip mall would you like to see disappear?
Hmm...We have too many sports shops, but I bet a bunch of people would disagree with making those go away.


5. How often do you go to your preferred strip mall?
Not very often, but someone from my family goes at least once a week because it's got our grocercy store in it.



^*^*^*^*^



And finally, my review of Thursday's episode of Supernatural "Playthings".


I want to start by saying that the mansion/hotel/whatever rocked!! It was awesome. I'm using very interesting words. I don't know if the hotel was a set or if they actually found that building and were allowed to use it, but I thought it was an amazing place. Creepy, but also that great "big ole house" feel. And the model of the hotel made me gasp. That is SO cool. I wish I had one of those. Despite the weirdness of dolls throwing themselves down flights of stairs and commiting suicide.


More gay jokes. Dean and Sam's entrance into the hotel and then discussion up in their room was hilarious. I'll start with Dean liking the old school haunted house type hunts. I like the line about maybe even seeing Fred and Daphe inside. "Mmm, Daphe. I love her." Great line. Not overstated. The hotel owner is not a very good judge of character. First she thinks the're antiquers, then she thinks they're gay. And that leads into Dean and Sam's conversation in their room. The one where Dean asks why people think they're gay. Sam explains that Dean is butch, and people probably think he's over compensating. Maybe so. Dean's reaction kind of confused me, but really, what do you say to something like that?


My Mom loved this next scene. Dean and Sam knock on the owner's door and see the large doll collection. I'm going to say that this piece was a way of Dean paying Sam back for calling him "butch". Dean tells the owner that Sam has a HUGE doll collection and would love to look at the dolls they have. He then goes on to explain how Sam would never admit it, but like to dress hjis dolls up in their little outfits, and how much more could I possibly love Jensen Ackles right now? He does it all so well. The owner lets them in and Dean's reaction is something to the effect of "not creepy at all". True. So many doll eyes. And they're all almost completely black. I think they're possessed.


The death scenes of the man taking things to Goodwill and the lawyer working for the people buying the hotel. I love how they cut from the dool house hotel replica to the actual hotel and real people. The door opening in the doll house and then opening in the lawyer's room, very cool.


Because of this episode we know that Sam can get drunk. It's good to know that he doesn't always keep himself in check. And despite the fact that it took me a second to catch to why he was acting so weird, Sam is quite funny when he's drunk. "You're bossy. And short." What an awesome line?! I had wondered when they'd address the fact that Dean is shorter than Sam. It's not like an older sibling can't be shorter than their younger sibling (my sis and I are also 4 years apart and she's definitely going to be taller than me), but it is kind of funny. Jensen is not short. He's 6 foot 1. Jared's just taller at 6 foot 3, or 4. Onward. Sam makes Dean promise that if he turns evil Dean will kill him just like their Dad told Dean too. They're really close and a groups of Wincest fans all over pass out and miss, nothing, because nothing happens. They're brothers for cryin' out loud!!


And this review is getting lengthy and taking too long, so I'll finish up with the pool scene. While I would have liked to see Dean/Jensen wet (again), I think it's fitting that Sam gets to save the drowning girl, whose name is Tyler, because Dean got to save Lucas from drowning in "Dead in the Water". Now they've each saved a drowning kid.


A few last notes. I love Dean's hangover "cure". Older siblings are the best. Why did Sam have to remember that Dean had promised to kill him? Doesn't he understand how much pressure he's putting on Dean?? Of course not. He's worried about turning evil.



^*^*^*^*^



It took so long to do these because I slept at a friend's house Thursday night. We watched Supernatural together. Then I got home mid-afternoon friday. Another of my friends called and I went to a basketball game and forgot about the Friday Fives. And I spent most of Saturday at a belated birthday party for another friend.


I have not been able to find Supernatural transcripts for season two. I wish the place that has the season one treanscripts had kept up with the new episodes because it's so much more fun to throw in accurate quotes when writing my reviews.


No comments:

Post a Comment