Friday, January 05, 2007

Friday Fives

The following questions are from the Supernatural Friday Five. The link is in my links list if you're interested.


1. What's the quality you admire the most about your favourite guest star?
I'm going to say four favorite guest stars because their character's share some of the same traits: Cassie (Route 666), Haylie (Wendigo), Kat (Asylum) and Sarah (Provenance). They all have great taste in guys, except for Kat because Gavin was kinda dumb (Haylie was so checking out Dean). They're all strong women. They're not the typical damsells in distress that one would see on tv. They think and try to help and make decisions on their own. Haylie refused to leave the woods until she found her brother. Cassie stood up to Mayor Todd. Kat rocks with a shot gun and refused to the Asylum without Gavin (even though he was kinda dumb). Sarah wouldn't let Dean and Sam leave her out. She took responsibility for her father's actions and helped them out by giving them the provenances. They all stood up for themselves. Cassie made Dean say 'please' how many other guest stars have done that? None that I can think of.


2. Of the characters we've met, who do you think acts the most like a mother figure (other than Mary) towards the boys?
I think Dean is Sam's mother figure. Dean is the one that raised him the most (from what we've seen in the flashbacks and heard in the show). Dean is the one that makes sure he's okay and is there to back him up. Ellen is a mother figure to both of them, or she tries to be. She kind of looked out for them up until the end of 'No Exit'. She offered them a place to stay and kept an eye on them.


3. How do you think the lack of a permanent female presence in their lives has affected the brothers?
I believe the lack of a permanent female presence in their lives makes it harder for them to talk to females. Not that they're bad at it (God knows Dean isn't having troubles), but I would think that it would be a skill they would have to develop. This is a hard question. I would guess that they had to do all the things that a mother would usually do for their kid, for themselves.


4. Do you believe the different lighting cast on characters in this show is of any significance at all? And if so, what do you believe it's an indication of?
Sure. I believe that. I think it some scenes the light cast on a character signifies understanding.


5. Recommend one or two fanfics in this fandom that you've really enjoyed. (Please include whether pairings if applicable.)
On Angel's Wings, On Angel's Wings 2 and On Angel's Wings 3 by Mummyluvr. I love these stories. No parings.
That Vision Thing by InSecret. No pairings. Great story.
I Thought I Saw by The Cat's Whiskers. No pairing. Not many people could make Dean turn into a panther and still have him stay in character. Awesome story.


^*^*^*^*^



These questions are from the Friday Five. The link is in my links list.


1. What is one healthy food you really, really like?
Apples. I love apples.


2. In what area of your life are you especially well-organized?
My computer life. My computer is so organized. I have folder upon folder on my computer, by bedroom is a mess.


3. Who is someone you’ve managed to stay in touch with?
Lisa. We've never actually met in person, but we talk on IM and we've managed to stay connected for about a year now despite schoolwork and work schedules.


4. What bad habit were you able to break (or what vice were you able to give up), and what was it like going through that change?
I'm working on breaking my habit of making blogs and e-mails that I have no use for. It's hard, but I know in my heart that this is the only blog I need and if I change my e-mail address again my friends will just decide that easier to not e-mail me at all.


5. Someone out there, whether you know it or not, wishes he or she were more like you in some way. What is it he or she most likely admires you for?
My ability to not care about what other people say about me. I like what I like and other people can deal.



^*^*^*^*^



I like these. If I read the Supernatural Virtual Season on Tuesday, watch Plastic!Winchester Theater on Wednesday, Watch new episodes of Supernatural on Thursday, and do these Friday Fives on Friday, then the only days I have to worry about withdrawl are Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Go me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment