Saturday, January 13, 2007

"Hunted" & The Friday Fives

The Friday Five, and Supernatural Friday Five for yesterday. I realized in bed last night that I hadn't done them. So here goes. Last week I did the Supernatural Friday Five questions first, so this week I'm starting with the questions from friday5.org.


1. How high is your guilt threshold?
I feel guilty very easily, so I guess that make my guilt threshold very low. For instance, if I didn't do my homework I won't be able to make up a fake reason for why I didn't do I because I would already feel guilty for even thinking about lying to my teacher. I think it keeps me out of trouble because I know I would be able to pretend that I didn't do anything wrong.


2. How strong is your resistance to sweets?
My resistance to sweets is almost non-existant. I love candy and chocolate and only when I'm really full or REALLY sick can I turn it down.


3. How long is your fuse?
Long. I don't freak out about something until it's frustrated me for weeks. Right now I sit through a class where everyone else in the room spends the period talking and don't say anything because when I tried before it didn't help any.


4. What is the quickest way to get you hot (you know what we mean!)?
I don't know. I always seem to be cold. Eating chocolate and curling up with a book or fanfiction seems to give me the ability to ignore how cold I am.


5. How sensitive are you to ambient noise?
I can usually hear people coming to the door over my music. And I usually play my music to tune out the world.


^*^*^*^*^



And no the questions from the Supernatural Friday Five (link is in the Links list).


1. What's the one most humorous incident/fact that's been presented in the episodes so far?
The Prank Wars. I think it's so right for brothers. I think it was a great addition to the show and the episode (Hell House).


2. If humans can be represented by animal forms, what animals do you think Sam and Dean will be?
I like that in the fanfiction "I Thought I Saw" Dean turns into a panther, so I'll stick with a panther for Dean. I think it fits because Dean kind of has two sides: he's charming and gorgeous, but he's also a kick ass hunter. So panthers look pretty and soft, but you know that if you piss it off it will take you down and I think that fits with Dean. For Sam, I think a giraffe because he's so tall just kidding. A dolphin because he's so smart, but also a deer because they get skiddish around people. Sam's good with people, but he's not really ready to let go of Jessica and find another girl.


3. Do you live off spoilers or avoid them?
Some where in the middle. I try to avoid spoilers, but I also hate waiting for new episodes to come on Thursdays, so I usually cheat. I'm trying hard to avoid them though.


4. The Demon said it had family - children. Do you think that means literal offspring - baby!Demons - or like-minded, similar demons?I think off-spring, though I'm having trouble trying to imagine reproduction among demons. I think off-spring because Big Bad's "children" seem to be lower than him on the demon chain of command. They follow his orders and call him "father". I guess even if they aren't off-spring, then I don't think their similar demons either because they don't seem to have as much power as him (or they don't use it).


5. What was your first reaction to what Dean told Sam in the beginning of Hunted?
I was kind of let down, but that's okay. My second reaction was an outloud "Oh My God!," but thats because Dean said "please" more times in that scene than he had all of season one.



^*^*^*^*^



My review for Supernatural's January 11, 2007 episode "Hunted".


I liked this episode ALOT! Except for three very small pieces that I thought could have been better.


So I'll start with the parts I thought could have been better. Number 1: When Dean was punching Gordon I could tell none of the punches were landing (the first time I watched). Number 2: When the second grenade goes off behind Dean it definitely looked like it had been put in with computer. Jensen's reaction was great, but the background threw me (again on my first time watching it). And Number 3: When Sam slams Gordon with the butt of the gun it looked faked took. I only pick these things up because my family loves finding continuity and stuff in movies. And now I do it without trying. I noticed Andy's (Simon Said) van in an episode from season one, and it was only on-screen for a few seconds and it was a dark scene.


I love how Sam picked up the bullet from the rooftop and knew exactly what kind it was and al that. And Ava's response to his odd knowledge was great too.


I waited to post this review because I wanted to be able to find a picture of something I thought was funny. So, this is as close to the picture I want as I'm going to get.



The picture is from supernatural.tv, which does lovely screencaps and more for every episode. Now, look at the picture. Good job (it's hard. I know). Dean's just been untied and ungagged. Sam just almost got blown up. So, Dean thought Sam was dead, and Sam was worried about Dean.To me, this is the PERFECT time for a hug. Instead, we get "that." I'm pretty sure that at one point Sam had his hands on Dean's shoulders, but I couldn't find that picture. Is this (see picture) as close to a hug as we're ever going to see them give each other?? I could slide in between them (and would willingly). We all know they can hug because the both hugged John in Shadow, and they kind of hugged in "Home" after Sam almost choked by the evil lamp. I could understand that maybe they wanted to make sure Gordon wasn't going to come in and kill them, but still...they got SOOO close! We almost got to see a hug, and then we didn't. Damn!


Who's really in control? Dean's older and he's been hunting longer so it makes sense that he would be "in charge," but for the past two episodes (and probably more) things seem to be going Sam's way. Dean's said more than once that he wants to stop hunting and take a break, and yet they continue hunting. I understand that showing them not hunting wouldn't be as exciting as watching them hunt, but I don't want to Dean to crash either. They haven't taken much of a break since they got Metallicar back up and running. And sometimes people just need everything to slow down so that they can process things. I think if I found out my sibling might possibly be turning EVIL I'd need sometime to think. I do think that during the hunts Dean seems to the one with the plans. He knows what he's doing, and they work together, but he seems to be "in command" when they're working a case.



^*^*^*^*^



I've heard that Jake Gyllenhaal is hosting Saturday Night Live tonight and I'm excited. I hope he does well.


I want to share a YouTube video with everyone, so here's the address: http://youtube.com/watch?v=b4U14Z-KUD4. And the music videos these girls (?) make are amazing: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MadMidgetTwins. The video clips match up with the songs, and the songs are all appropriate for Supernatural (they're not like Britney Spears songs).


No comments:

Post a Comment