Sunday, November 26, 2006

It's Like My Brain Exploded And This Is The Result

I've been working in Photoshop and I made the graphic below for a site that I may or may not ever make.



I had to put it up here because my friend wants to see it, but I was unable to send it to her through IM.


^*^*^*^*^



I found a notebook that had some freewrite type things I did when I went to a weekly writing group with my Mom. I have alot of them actually. I'm going to put them up. The first four we were given a word and had ten minutes to write. The last four we had two minutes. These were all written on May 25, 2006.


Prompt 1: Fire
Burning, destroying, making new beginnings. Taking down the old to make room for the new. Why is it that it takes a disasterous event to make us think about our lives. When someone dies we wonder if we said "I love you" enough or try to recall the last time we talked to them. Why didn't we call more often? How come we were always busy?
A fire. At home, makes you wonder why? Maybe you weren't good enough. What did you do to deserve it? Why you? Why not the house next door, or no fire at all? Why wasn't the stove turned off? Shouldn't someone have checked to make sure the water heater wouldn't catch fire before putting it in your house? What if I had been home? Would I have been able to stop it? Call the fire department? Would I have gotten hurt? What if my family had been home?
Why must we ask the 'what if' questions? Can't we just be happy that we're safe, our family's safe, our friends are safe? Homes can be rebuilt. People can't. Savor the moment.


Prompt 2: Blue (This was supposed to be one long sentence)
Blue skies and blue waters; fresh laundry, is that what blue smells like, this reminds me of somebody's signature I've seen online, "what smells like blue?" What is blue to a dog, dogs are color blind, is blue non-existant; can they tell the difference between the color of water and that of grass, if not how do they know which is which? Is it the motion of the water or are grass and water different shades of grey, is it maybe that they lie down on one and hope they don't get wet because I would think that that would produce alot of wet dogs, and alot of smelly dogs, and that would be no fun at all.


Prompt 3: Elasti Girl
High fashion. Stick thin legs, curves, but only in the right places. Wearing the perfect outfit everyday. These are the rules set for what is percieved to be beautiful, are they not? Rules probably thought up by a guy, but ones that girls all over try to adhere to. Trying to reach unattainable goals, unrealistic perfection. The kind that is seen in the movies and magazine ads. Pictures that have most likely been photoshopped, editted to look better because nobody is perfect. Not even a woman.


Promt 4: "I don't remember the signifigance of these rocks."
I don't remember the signifigance of these rocks. I know the mean something. I remember them meaning something. Something special. To me. When I pick them up I feeltheir coolness fade as the heat from my hand warms them up, but I can feel in my soul that to me they are special, not ordinary. And I am sad because I cannot remember why they are special. I feel as if I am missing a part of me. I have forgotten something dear to me and it's as if I have forgotten a friend from long ago.


Prompt 5: Pineneedle
In my shirt. In my hair. How did a pineneedle get in my ice cream bowl? I'm inside.


Prompt 6: Clam
Clam digging. Mud, squelching, oozing. Sticking in my hand to take a clam. After two I call it quits. I'm done. No more for me.


Prompt 7: Harmony
Somedays unatytainable, standing in chorus and it sounds like everything we try to sing comes out bad. Sharp. Flat. Too high. Too low. Never right.


Prompt 8: Silly
Laughing uncontrollably. No reason I can think up.



^*^*^*^*^



I was flipping channels last night and ended up on TV Guide's "50 Sexiest Men on TV" special. I wrote down a few of them so that I could brag or whatever. I haven't been able to find a full list on line though.


Here's what I wrote down from TV Guide list of 50 sexy guys on tv:
#37 :: Jared Padalecki
#32 :: Mark Harmon
#28 :: Hugh Laurie
#27 :: Chad Michael Murray (yeah, even TV Guide thinks Jensen is hotter than you!)
#26 :: Jensen Ackles
#22 :: Justin Chambers
#21 :: Isiah Washington
#19 :: Tom Welling
#18 :: David Boreanaz
#12 :: James Denton
#8 :: John Stamos
#7 :: Jeffrey Dean Morgan
#5 :: Matthew Fox
#4 :: Wentworth Miller
#3 :: Julian McMahon
#2 :: Patrick Dempsey
#1 :: Josh Holloway


I'm very thankful that the entire cast of Supernatural is on this list (Hell Yeah!!) because the guys deserve it. Sometime in the near futre I will be printing out pictures and making my own list. I intend to include actors that are on show on channels like SCI-FI and Nickelodean because they've got some nice looking guys too (Michael Shanks, Ben Browder, Drake Bell, Jamie Bamber, etc). I also think that Justin Hartley should be on the list because, well, he's sexy. But I think this list was from last year because Jeffrey Dean Morgan is currently not on tv (RIP Denny Duquette and John Winchester). I would be interested in seeing a more updated list.



^*^*^*^*^



And no I have some more writing to post. I have three poems that I've done. I'm not really a poetry person, but the first one I wrote during the writing group thing on May 25, 2006. The other two I wrote for an English project and actually liked.


My Day
Slept in,
Got up late,
Went to school,
Wasn't late.

Sat through homeroom,
Read through Study Hall,
And History.

Science class we went outside,
in our groups we visited stations,
Learned how science is used in the military,
To ensure safe environments for men...and women to go in,
Communication trucks and T.O.C. vans.

In WebTeam we went outside,
A first for our computer geek class.

I have no recollection of English class,
I know I was there,
Why can't I remember what we did?

A sub in Math,
Finished my homework,
Thirty minutes more reading.

After school, with my friends,
Helping with Ryan's book talk,
Eating chocolate,
Reading the slogans -- fortune cookie like -- from the inside of Dove candy wrappers.

Playing the Sims,
Washing the dishes,
Watching season 2 episode of Atlantis that I haven't seen.

And now here,
Writing and sharing,
Letting free my creativity.


Last Night
Last night,
I was sixteen,
But tonight I am not,
Tonight I am seventeen.

One year older,
Everything's changed,
But nothing's different.
My friends are still my friends,
My hair still won't go up nicely,
And my homework still needs my attention.

Last night I was sixteen,
And tomorrow I will be eighteen,
But tonight I am seventeen,
And that's all that matters right now.


Have You No Sense? -Dedicated to Kathryn and Chris Wright
You drink,
You drive,
You'll hurt someone.
Many someones.

It's okay you've only had a few,
And you're always really careful.
You know the roadsd well,
And the weather's not that bad...

It'll be okay,
No harm,
No foul,
No one will even know,
That you drove drunk.
It'll be okay.

But it only takes once,
To ruin a life,
Your's or someone else's.
Why take the chance?

You drink,
You drive,
You take a life,
One that means something to someone else.

You should have stayed home,
Called a cab,
Passed on the last drink.
Have you no sense?



^*^*^*^*^



I think that's all for tonight. I've discovered Friday5.org and the Supernatural Friday Five community on LiveJournal so I'd like to try some of those out. I also discovered PicSpams this week. And what wonderful things they are. Anteka has some really great Supernatural ones on her LiveJournal. I don't know the address, but I encourage people to check them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment