Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Chronicling Of My Obsessions

I had something really deep and interesting to blog about, but I've forgotten it.


I want to put a list of my past and present obsessions on here. They are in order from a long time ago, to now.


Titanic


Smallville


Lord of the Rings


Stargate, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis (Mostly SG-1 in the beginning. Mostly Atlantis since Jack/RDA left SG-1.)


Supernatural (NOW)


Dark Angel (NOW)


Firefly/Serenity (NOW)


Titanic was my first obsession. I have a bunch of books about the ship, and the movie, etc. Smallville was next. My best friend and I watched it religiously in the eighth grade (I watch it now bcause it's on before Supernatural, and I watched season 4 because of Jensen). I got into Stargate SG-1 because one of my friends introduced it to me. Then my Girl Scout troop did an event based on the show (we're very talented). I still watch SG-1 and Atlantis when they air on the CW. I don't get to see new episodes on Sci-Fi because we don't have Sci-Fi. Supernatural is my current obsession (obviously). I got into this summer when they were playing repeats on the WB/CW. I was flipping channels and landed on it. Then watched it the next week and the week after. Then I read that the episodes were uploaded on youtube.com, and I caught up on all of them. Now I'm obsessed and I watch every episode when it airs. I read (and sometimes write) fanfics, read (and post to) message boards, etc. I am obsessed. I got into Dark Angel because Jensen is in it (in the second season). I waited patiently as CrystaLuv and EncartaQueen uploaded episodes. My new Firefly/Serenity obsession is my friend Ryan's fault. I let him borrow my Supernatural DVDs, and he let me borrow his Firefly DVDs, and I watched all of Firefly in a weekend. Then he let me borrow the movie Serenity. I've seen it three or four times now. It's a good show (and movie) and I'm really bummed that it's off the air.


What I really obsess over is certain actors, and they change as my obsession changes. With Titanic it was Leonardo DiCaprio. Smallville it was Tom Welling. My Lord of the Rings love intrest was Viggo Mortensen. Stargate SG-1 I liked Richard Dean Anderson. Stargate Atlantis I like Joe Flanigan. For Supernatural and Dark Angel it's Jensen Ackles (Jared Padalecki is good-looking too). And for Firefly and Serenity I like Nathan Fillion.


The point of this whole post is that I have obsession problems. I'm proud to say that I have never stalked anyone though. I will not stoop to that.


I'll be back on here after tonight's episode of Supernatural to give my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment