Sunday, February 22, 2009

Psych, Leverage and Dollhouse

I tried to find Psych on USA's website and also on Hulu last night. Then I finally gave up waiting and found it through surf the channel. The episode was spectacular. I spent the entire episode with my heart thumping wildy, eyes glued to the screen. The second time through I didn't the same rush, but it's still one of my favorite episodes of television ever. Everything about it is spot on. The writing is great. The acting rips your heart out in a totally good way. James Roday just nailed EVERYTHING. I've watched it two and a half times, and I cannot find any faults in his performance. It's a very good episode and a good season finale. I think as a season finale they could have easily gone for a cliffhanger like every other show that's on the television does, but they didn't and it was more surprising than seeing what they could have tried to think up for a new exciting cliffhanger. I think this non-cliffhanger works as a season finale. It leaves the viewer angsting with the characters and just glad that everyone's alright, and also a little off balance wondering what will happen next season (if there is a next season, I'm not sure if that's been announced. I hope so. I really enjoy this show).


I watched the first two episodes of Dollhouse tonight. I like it...a lot. It's cool to see Eliza Dushku on the television again because she really can do anything, and this is a great role for her to show off how versatile she is as an actress. It's a cool concept and the first two episodes grabbed me in a way I really wasn't expecting. I'm a little afraid that Fox is going to kill this show like it did to Firefly. Only two episodes so far and I don't want it to go.


I'm catching up on Leverage. I watched the first three episodes when they aired and then missed everything after that. I've watched the fourth episode now and I'm working on the fifth. I really like how intelligent this show is. But at the same time it's still a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment