Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Why Yes, Drake Bell And Corbin Bleu Are That Good Looking In Real Life. Better Even.

August 25, 2007. A day that will go down in history, mine at least. My first ever concert. Pretty sad, huh? But it was worth the wait. The concert I attended was in Boston, Massachusetts, at the Bank of America Pavillion. Drake Bell, Corbin Bleu, Biance Ryan, and Aly & AJ. And I went with the best company ever...friends. Monique and Bailey. And Bailey's Mom who was brave enough to deal with us through the concert and the night we spent in Boston.


Bianca Ryan performed first. Man, does that girl have a voice. I was amazed. And she's so cute. I really enhoyed her portion of the concert, though it was only 20 miutes long.


Corbin Bleu followed her up as it started to get darker outside. He got the audience pumped. I don't think he stop dancing at all through the fourty minutes he was on stage. That song from High School Musical 2 "I Don't Dance" was totally a charactersong, because Corbin Bleu does dance. A lot. He was very good. I screamed like a fangirl. *shrugs* So I am.


Drake Bell...this will be long winded. Before every act came on they played a short clip of them. For Biance Ryan it was the clip of her winning America's Got Talent last year. Corbin's was him dance. For Drake it was this picture:



That was all Monique, Bailey and I needed to scream at the top of our lungs. We weren't the only ones screaming, but we were probably the loudest and most enthusiastic. After that Drake actually came on stage. He had his guitar and was wearing sunglasses. He played: "Up Periscope", "I Know", "Do What You Want", "Found A Way", "Makes Me Happy", "Fool the World", A song none of us had ever heard, "Fallen For You", "Rusted Silhouette", "Break Me Down", and "End It Good". Somewhere around "Makes Me Happy" he took his sunglasses off and I think Bailey and I both melted. Also during "Makes Me Happy" he looked over, saw our sign, and smiled at Bailey (who was holding said sign). I of course missed this. Though I don't know how. Monique got some amazing pictures of Drake on stage and I'll put them up when I get them. And when I'm all set up at Champlain I'll scan in my ticket and program.


We didn't watch any of Aly & AJ. We went to get autographs and missed it all. Unfortunately only people with VIP passes were allowed to get autographs and none of us had those. A very kind man at the concert with his daughters was able to get Bailey in to see Drake and she got a pull-out poster from of those PopStar-type magazines signed by Drake. And also a hug.


After that we went back to our hotel room and fangirled for about an hour. Then Mo and Bailey's Mom went to bed. Bailey and I attempted to do some writing and ended up staring at the signed poster and a picture of Jensen I had. Then we shut off the lights and chatted 'til about 2.


It wasan awesome night, though Mo and I are a little jealous of Bailey. Mo and Bailey both got Drake shirts, and I got a poster for my dorm room wall. Those shirts are pretty nice to look at. I have pictures of them modeling them to put on my dorm wall as well.


I can't wait to share pictures from the concert Monique took some amazing ones of Drake. The ones of Corbin came out blurry because he never stopped moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment