Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Does That Make Me Crazy? Possibly!

Well the title is taken from the Gnarls Barkley song "Crazy" because I thought it fit quite well with the subject of this post, which is my state of mental health.


This November I have decided to participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). The goal of NaNoWriMo is to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. 50,000 words is more than I think I've ever written, EVER, but I'm going to give it a try. I'm actually shooting for 51,000 because it divides nicely by 30 days (1700 words a day) and that way there is no chance of word count mistakes when I send it in at the end of November. The goal of NaBloPoMo is to post on a blog everyday of the month of November. I have a blog (and look, you've found it!) and I hope that blogging in November will be a nice break from writing essays for my classes and writing my novel. In addition to noveling and blogging like a crazy person I will have to go to my classes (I'm taking five different classes, but I have eight a week). I have three hour and 15 minute classes (twice a week each) and two 2 and a half hour classes (once a week each). Also I work. I only work three days a week, but I manage to squeeze 12 hours of working into those three days. Work isn't really a set back though because I sit at a computer and I'm allowed to work on homework or anything else, as long as I do my job as well. Actually, I'm posting at work right now. I'll definitely have time during work and some of my classes to write my novel and post here at my blog.


Here is my participation badge for NaNoWriMo:



Here is my participation badge for NaBloPoMo:



I have made sure that the web addresses for NaNoWriMo and NaBloPoMo are in my link list for any that are interested.


If you feel like finding on NaNoWriMo or NaBloPoMo here are my user names:
NaNoWriMo: Leviathan
NaBloPoMo: Meg (Leviathan67)

1 comment:

  1. There's this weird current of creative energy that I tapped into last year when I did NaNoWriMo (and adding NaBloPoMo was a piece of cake at that point), so maybe it'll work for you, too!

    I wasn't going to do NaNoWriMo this year but now I think I can't resist. What's 1667 words a day, anyway? Phffft.

    ReplyDelete