Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mentally Preparing Myself for NaNoWriMo 2010

I'm starting my NaNoWriMo preparations early this year (earlier than a week before, like the past two years, though definitely not as early my first year when I had the whole novel planned out before the month began). I am preparing by reading tons and tons. I'm speeding my way through "The Dresden Files" series. I'm on the fourth book right now, Summer Knight, and I started reading them just last week.


I've also re-found this blog today, jimbutcher.livejournal.com/. It's the blog of Jim Butcher, the author of "The Dresden Files." It has a lot of really good information about writing and I like the way he writes (obviously, or I wouldn't be reading "the Dresden Files" and especially not as fast as I'm reading them) it's fun and easy to read. Just reading a couple of his posts has me really pumped to get a plot, characters and for it to be November.


Small off-topic edit: What was I thinking when I decided to try Compose mode instead of doing the HTML myself? Of yeah, it totally worked, but then I looked at the HTML that Blogger had written and almost cried. It was terrible. The problem is now fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment