Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dr. Horrible, Roswell, 21, Stargate Atlantis & More

I haven't posted in a while and figured that now is the time to do it. I have a couple of things to blog about, so here goes.

Dr. Horrible. Love it! I just checked the play count on my iTunes copy of Dr. Horrible and I've watched Act I 4 times, Act II 2 times and Act III 1 time. I've watched it 3 or four times all the way through on my iPod too. It turns out that Dr. Horrible has the ability to make sweeping and mopping at Dunkin Donuts more fun. I like that I can listen to it on my iPod while mopping without watching it. I love Dr. Horrible in ways that I can't even describe. I'll compare my love for it to my love for Stargate Atlantis and Supernatural. That should give some idea at least. I love the cast. Neil Patrick Harris is amazing. I loved Nathan Fillion in Firefly, but I didn't know he could sing. I can't think of anyone who could play Captain Hammer better than Nathan Fillion. Felicia Day has a very pretty voice. I love the way Billy (Dr. Horrible) trips over his words (especially around Penny). I love that the last line of the first act is "Balls". I love Joss Whedon. I loved the fangirls and boy in the third act. As I write this I'm adding to the play count by watching it again. I'm going to share it with my friends on Saturday. Bring my laptop to the party we're finally having and making them watch it. Now I just have to get Erin to watch with me.

Found this clip from How I Met Your Mother: I think it's pee-your-pants funny, and I've watched it three times. EDIT (9/23/2010): I can no longer find the video on YouTube, but it's called "Don't Hit the Dog" and it's from the episode "Arrivederci, Fiero."


Roswell. I've been watching Early Edition (and older show that I watched as a kid, I'll more about it later in this post) and I was complaining to my Dad that I was having trouble getting the episodes. He told me to watch Roswell. He told me that I'd be caught in 12 minutes. God damn, I didn't even make it to the title before I was hooked. I'm a very shallow person and I love Jason Behr as Max Evans. I've seen the entire first season, it's online for free at http://hulu.com/. Now I have to get my hands on the second and third seasons. I'm thinking I'll buy a set of all three seasons.

Early Edition. Early Edition is a show from the 90s about a guy who gets tomorrow's paper every morning. It starred Kyle Chandler (now in Friday Night Lights). Every morning he wakes up at 6:30am to find tomorrow's Chicago Sun Times and a cat sitting outside his door. I remembered watching this when I was younger and bought it when I saw the first season DVD set at WalMart. It was fun to rewatch it. I'm in season four now, almost finished.

21. I just finished watching the movie 21. I liked it. And I think this comfirms my love for Jim Sturgess, as if Across the Universe hadn't already done that for me.

Stargate Atlantis. I watched "The Seed" on Saturday. I'll be getting the new episodes from iTunes until I get back to school and have the SciFi channel. I liked the episode. It wasn't as good as "Search & Rescue" (though, really, how can you beat that episode?). I think it was because the episode was the introduction of Woolsey to the regular cast. Because they were trying to introduce him the main plot got pushed to the side. However, it had whump and that's a trend starting for this season that I'm fine with (really, I am!). Erin and I joke that SGA has added a new writer to the cast: a fanfic writer. Convulsions, surgery, internal bleeding. All in the first two episodes. We approve. Can't wait for the next episode. I haven't even seen the commercial for it.

Okay, it's thundering and lightning here, and I'm almost through with watching Dr. Horrible again, so I guess I'll finish this up and shut down.

No comments:

Post a Comment