Thursday, September 14, 2006

Two Guided Writings

Two guided writing things I did.


What color is the sky?


The sky is blue, except when it's stormy, then the sky is a dark, cloudy gray color. And when there's a rainbow the sky is filled with many colors: red, blue, green, orange, purple.
The sky is above us because it is. There's probably a scientific reason, but I don't know it. Who get's to decide what to name things? How did they get that job? Sky is a cool word. Could be a cool name. I have gone off into complete randomness. But I'll keep writing. Duck duck duck duck duck. There'a a story behind that.
My sister, my best friend and I made up hand motions to all the songs on Kelly Clarkson's CD "Breakaway". We were all in the back of a car at the time and kept hitting each other in the face. Kelly Clarkson!! There are multiple stories behind that one.
But the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42, which, coincidentally, is my best friend's parking spot number here at MTA. So, the is not blue. The sky is, in fact, 42.


^*^*^*^*^



Prompt: Start and finish a short story with a character walking through the woods.


Every morning I start the day with a walk, and have been doing so for at least a decade. Where I walk has always depended on where I live. When I lived in my small, dark apartment in New York my walks were around the block my building was in and to the small office where I worked. After that I lived in a small, upper class neighborhood in Schaumburg, Illinois. My walks were around the neighborhood and to the parks nearby. Now the place I call home is this cabin in the woods, and every morning I walk the paths: around my cabins, and the lake. It's quiet up here, far from the main road. Only the sounds of birds, squirrels and other animals break the silence. I don't get lonely though, with Maddie to walk with me. The perfect companion. She listens to me and never talks back. Always ready to walk with me in the morning. Our ritual walk through the woods.


No comments:

Post a Comment