Friday, February 02, 2007

"Night Shifter" & "Houses of the Holy"

I skipped my review last week and the Friday Fives. I'm going to start with a sorry excuse for a review of "Night Shifter".


I think Dean summarized the episode very well with "We are so screwed". I love the introduction of Agent Henriksen (Hendrickson?). I like he's going to be a pwerful human enemy. I like everything about this episode, especially the words "mandroid" and "okey-dokey", and the seen where Dean talks to Agent H on the phone. It's at that point that he realizes how screwed they are and I love how Jensen acted it.


I told you it was pathetic. That's all I have to say for "Night Shifter".


^*^*^*^*^



I guess I'll do a review for "Houses of the Holy" while I'm at it.


Because of this episode I have a newfound appreciation for vibrating beds and my sister is never going to answer the door again.


I thoroughly enjoyed the lines about unicorns: "They ride on silver moonbeams and shoot rainbows out their ass." (not an exact quote). To which Sam replies, "wait"-he sits-"unicorns aren't real?" That may be the most I've liked Sam ever.


I'm really lazy, so this is going to be short as well. The last scene of the "car chase". When Dean chases the bad guy to the intersection and a car is going through so the car in front of the bad guy stops abruptly, then the bad guy and Dean must also stop. And one metal pole thing falls off the truck that had stopped first, it bounces off the pavement and goes through the bad guys windshield and straight through his chest. That was powerful. I know I echoed Dean's "holy..." There was really no other word for that scene.


Overall I thought the episode was good. I love that they used a SpongeBob placemat to do a seance. I don't know if it's connected but check out this video on youtube.com, http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZpxJZopwaNs. It's a little dirty at the end, but it mentions SpongeBob. Do you think the people behind Supernatural watch YouTube videos?


No comments:

Post a Comment